Terms of Service
Effective July 1, 2019
Thank You For Using XNAT Academy!
Using XNAT Academy
Who May Use our Services
You may use our Services only if you can form a binding contract with XNAT Academy, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you create your XNAT Academy account, and subsequently when you use certain features, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited, and certain courses may have additional requirements and/or restrictions.
Our License to You
Subject to these Terms and our policies (including the Acceptable Use Policy, Honor Code, and course-specific eligibility requirements and other terms), we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services. You may download content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain XNAT Academy's written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, and you will not share with any third party access to or access information for your account. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
XNAT Academy reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course or to modify any course content or the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment.
No Academic Credit
Unless otherwise explicitly indicated by a credit-granting institution, participation in or completion of a course does not confer any academic credit. Even if credit is awarded by one institution, there is no presumption that other institutions will accept that credit. You agree not to accept credit for completing a course unless you have earned a Course Certificate for that course. XNAT Academy, the course instructors, and the associated participating institutions have no obligation to have a course recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization.
Disclaimer of Student-University Relationship
Nothing in these Terms or otherwise with respect to your participation in any course: (a) establishes any relationship between you and any educational institution with which XNAT Academy may be affiliated; (b) enrolls or registers you in any educational institution, or in any course offered by any educational institution; or (c) entitles you to use the resources of any educational institution beyond participation in the course.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, XNAT Academy cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Content
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. XNAT Academy cannot guarantee that such third party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. XNAT Academy disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of such third party content.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
XNAT Academy respects the intellectual property rights of our users and third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We have adopted and implemented the XNAT Academy Copyright and Trademark Policy in accordance with applicable law, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
XNAT Academy offers paid Services (e.g., Course Certificates for certain courses) for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes in a timely manner with a payment mechanism associated with the applicable paid Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees using other collection mechanisms. Fees may vary based on your location and other factors, and XNAT Academy reserves the right to change any fees at any time at its sole discretion. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting through the relevant Services. Refunds may be available for paid Services as described in our Refund Policy.
All payments are processed by Washington University School of Medicine, using the secure online storefront powered by CashNet. XNAT Academy does not retain any credit card information, and does not accept payments by any other means.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our course offerings, and the course learning platform is often updated as well. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. Accordingly, XNAT Academy may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy. None of XNAT Academy, its contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time, although we'll be sorry to see you go.
Acceptable Use Policy
Effective: July 1, 2019
XNAT Academy’s mission is to facilitate the use and adoption of the XNAT software platform through training and outreach. The Services offered by this online platform serve that mission. We have drafted these guidelines to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
Although we do not routinely screen or monitor content provided by users, we may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the Services.
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that this is primarily geared as professional training for those in an office or academic research environment. Please limit your content contributions to “work-safe” materials.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren't allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user's account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Please see the XNAT Academy copyright policy page.
XNAT Academy Refund Policy
Effective: July 1, 2019
For Course Purchases
If you cancel your paid enrollment for a course, XNAT Academy will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after payment, or until you have earned your Course Certificate, whichever is earlier. If you pre-enroll and pay for a course, XNAT Academy will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after the course launches or until you have earned your Course Certificate, whichever is earlier. For avoidance doubt, once you have earned a Course Certificate with your payment, you are not eligible for a refund even if it is within 14 days. If you do not earn your Course Certificate within 180 days, your registration will expire and you will need to pay to re-enroll for the course.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, shorter refund periods may apply to specific course. In these cases, the shorter period will be stated as part of the sign-up process for the course.
Please see the XNAT Academy Honor Code